Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy" - Republicans strike back


I can't help it, I found that line of Rudy's pretty catchy. I tell you, these Republicans are not playing in Minnesota tonight. The gloves are off and no punches are being pulled. But I must admit, having Rudy Giuliani talking about Obama learning "Chicago-style politics" while he was community organizing was a bit much, especially considering Rudy's Italian roots!
But the star of the convention was no doubt Gov. Sarah Palin. Don't get it twisted - her acknowledgment of Hillary Clinton's hard-fought, but losing run notwithstanding, I disagree with everything for which she stands. That being said however, the fact she got up there and said some of the things about the senator from Illinois that should've at least been explored by the mainstream media was well worth my listening.
I don't know why, but she reminded me of Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo in the 2007 movie "300." The scene above immediately popped into my head as I watched, particularly the line at about 2:35 in the clip where she whispers into the ear of Dominic West's character, Theron, right after she thrusts in the sword that takes him out.
"In politics there are those who use change to promote their careers and then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change." Come on, you have to admit that was a good line. I don't know how the Palin choice will affect the momentum of McCain's campaign, but based on all the hootin' and hollerin' at the convention, she's already a huge shot in the arm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...