Monday, October 20, 2008

"General Powell, tell me why we should care???



Gen. Powell, even though he was a Republican, used to have my utmost respect. Until that is, he spoke out against gays in the military. That took a little shine off the apple for me because in my mind, he should have had some understanding of what my LGBT brothers and sisters have had to endure as they try to live authentically in a homophobic society.
It got way worse though, once he allowed the Bush Administration to pimp him like a $2 whore, standing up at the U.N. talking about the certainty of WMD's. Sorry, I just find it a bit hard to swallow that they could bamboozle this former National Security Advisor, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, this long-serving, apparently intelligent, general about what was actually going on in Iraq. I could be wrong, but I just don't think so - which is the reason I ask the question, "Why should we care?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...