Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Illinois Secretary of State says, "Don't Blame Me!"

When I first heard Illinois Secretary of State, Jesse White was refusing to certify credentials for Roland Burris, I said, "Man! Is evererybody in on this charade?"

Turns out I was right - and wrong. According to the podcast here, Senate: Burris Needs Sec. Of State Signature {audio}, Mr. White spoke about how "they" had all agreed not to accept anyone appointed by Blagojevich - including Bobby Rush. But then, it became a problem.

I won't spoil it for you. Follow the link, read the article and do listen to the podcast. Jess White knew he'd been had and he wasn't havin' it! Rich!

(P.S. Undying Obamalove reigns at HuffPo as they've now revised history - yet again, crediting Obama for putting an end to this, rather than the law - which Burris used to back those Senate Dems the hell up!)

2 comments:

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

Huffpo is so revising history. Barack Obama said, and I quote:

"Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat. I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it. I believe the best resolution would be for the Governor to resign his office and allow a lawful and appropriate process of succession to take place. While Governor Blagojevich is entitled to his day in court, the people of Illinois are entitled to a functioning government and major decisions free of taint and controversy," said President-elect Obama.

DebC said...

Hey Kitty! I know right?? I'm just tired, tired, tired. Obamalove is like crack or something! Keeps people from rational thought and actions.

Hey thanks for linking to me in your "Frauds" post. Did you watch the Harry Reid video here: http://lets-be-clear.blogspot.com/2009/01/emperor-strikes-back.html I had to link to your "When the Wrong Type of Crook is Exposed!" It is exactly what got the Senate in all this shit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...