Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Mr. Baldwin...

I've hardly been online because I spent the weekend in a small town outside Dallas, with the oldest and his friends at the Fall Indie Fest (will post about it soon).  But when I got back to the hotel on Saturday, I checked my email, finding this notification of a comment posted October 8 @ 4:14 p.m. on my old (and oddly most visited), "What's the difference between Colored, Negro, Nigra, Nigger, Picaninny, Nigga, Black, African-American?":

Anonymous said...

nigger nigger nigger nigger

I laughed, and said to myself, "I'll answer YOU later."   And I did - which sent me searching for my old, buddy Jimmy (Yeah, I do feel him like that!). Not only did I find what I wanted to share with "Anonymous," I found this, courtesy of young, brother, Mikha'el Moshe Dawid - to whom I offer wa-a-a-y more than a H/T!:



"THAT!" - is what real 'Change' looks like to me!" (she responds, from Amen Corner)



Let the chu'ch say - "Amen!"  (And my sister from Jamaica touched on our own, Black, American - "shade problem" - didn't she?  Don't act like y'all don't know!  All of us in the diaspora have been similarly infected affected by it - whether we want to admit it or not).



(My sister, at about the 5:07 click, was too funny! I could just hear her saying - because I said the same damned thing! - "Man, don't be coughin' all over people!)

Dick Gregory just took me on home with his critically informed wit. And tell me - when was the last time you saw such graciousness, honor and respect among Black men as expressed from the 13:31 click forward?

5 comments:

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

We had that commenter before. I wonder when does he sleep?

Valerie M said...

Hi Deb, do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

DebC said...

Kitty...Chile who knows! I rarely sleep, yet I seem to find better shit to do with my time than that!

Valerie M...Hey, and Welcome! Add away, and thanks for doing so!

Valerie M said...

Thanks Deb!

DebC said...

My pleasure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...