Thursday, November 21, 2013

End of self-imposed "Radio Silence"

I realized I needed to just be still the last month or so as life happened around me.  Plenty's made me stop and look at where I've been, where I am -- and most importantly, where I'm going in relation to this perennially, screwed-up country and world in which we live.  "Radio Silence" was necessary for my soul.

A family member's debilitating illness that led to yet another funeral this year, along with frustrations with my only brother and thousands of miles driven with my road-dog, Blanca as a result -- have all had me carefully ordering my steps.

I'll publish the final part of "Preserving cultural identity in the face of institutionalized white supremacy: Another Home-going -- Pt. 1" about Veronica Brown tomorrow because I just have to, then I'll move on to Part 2 of the series which has been bouncing around in my head like crazy given all I've been processing lately.  In the meantime, listen to my beautiful, young sister sing about what I've been deeply feeling about US since I've been gone:



Hang in there with me, Family...


4 comments:

Amenta said...

My condolences Deb.

Peace

DebC said...

Hey Amenta, how you be, Brother?! Thanks for the condolences. Man, it's been a really weird time of trying to understand folk -- and as a result, myself! I'm figuring shit out, though. Long as I'm still breathing, I'm growing!

jblu74 said...

My condolences to you and your family beloved. The world is weighing something heavy these days sis, and I applaud the resilience in your fight and your deliberate efforts to retain or regain your sanity and direction. Like you, I too am "ordering my steps"...my success is inconsistent but I know I am not alone. Be well, Deb.

DebC said...

jblu74...Hey there, Sis! Thanks so much.

As you say, "The world is weighing something heavy these days..." and Mama always told me I was the easiest of her 3 to cry about all kinds of shit -- she was right. But here lately, I've realized how much I just needed to hold onto me and yes, take more deliberate steps to both, retain, as well as regain, my sanity and direction.

"Like you, I too am "ordering my steps"...my success is inconsistent but I know I am not alone. "

Good to hear that, we all need to, as Baldwin advised, "do our first works over" periodically, no matter how inconsistent the success -- it's how we grow. And no, you're not alone, I'm right here with you! :-) Be well right back atcha my dear and thanks again.

Peace...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...