Clicking through the channels (TV is such shit these days), I stumbled upon this show on PBS, thinking it'd just be some "white noise" to ease my mind. But I was pleasantly surprised that it was exactly the opposite! Do click the link below to watch, listen and enjoy...
In order of appearance:
- Ms. Rita Pierson -- a combination of ALL my Black, public high school teachers; my kind of self-esteem builder!
- Ramsey Musallum -- yep, he's a chemistry teacher; I'd have liked being in his class
- Shahruz Ghaemi -- "out of the mouths of babes" is all I can say about this kid!
- Dr. Angela Lee Duckworth -- perky with a point, no?
- Melissa Perez -- keep blowin' that whole pregnant teen, single mother bullshit out of the water, Chica!
- Bill Gates -- never had many warm fuzzies about him, but hey...
- John Legend -- that voice, those words!
- Geoffrey Canada -- forget Arne Duncan's ass! I thought the Changeling should have appointed him Secretary of Education (but I know, that would've been too much like right)!
- Malcolm London -- a powerful, honest reality from this young brother; he should be the Changeling's "homeboy" (but of course, we know Lincoln is)
- Pearl Arredondo -- ¡Prédica!; Así me gusta la verdad de esta hermana Latina!
- Sir Ken Robinson -- y'all betta recognize, the British are coming (back!)
I needed to see this right now Family. How 'bout you?