Thursday, August 22, 2013

Antoinette Tuff -- incredible my Sister, just incredible

"People who treat other people as less than human, must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned."
James Baldwin
On the other hand Jimmy, "People who treat people as equally human, must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, appreciated!" -- and McNair Elementary School bookkeeper, Antoinette Tuff deserves every bit of appreciation that comes her way after this harrowing experience:



Tears were streaming down my face as I listened to this woman.  I cried because of her courage.  I cried because of her empathy.  I cried because of her humanity.  I cried because that boy probably never had anyone in his life who cared enough to say, "It's okay, Baby," or "I love you."  And I cried because it was Antoinette Tuff who did. She saved those babies, every single one of them -- and without the NRA's, "Teachers should have guns in every school" foolishness.



Such grace my Sister -- under pressure and after.  Considering that, I am certain you are a much better woman than I.

Related:
- Nationwide Post-Sandy Hook Terror Drills
- The story bigots hate: Antoinette Tuff’s courage
- School Clerk In Georgia Persuaded Gunman To Lay Down Weapons

2 comments:

jblu74 said...

Like you Deb, I was moved and completely awed by Antoinette's compassion and composure during this crazy ass situation. I mean the shooter left to fire a few rounds and then came back and it was like...okay. Can we move on now? Wow! Again, I am honored to be counted as a member of this ancient and most blessed sisterhood that affirms life, honors humanity and demonstrates to the world, just how amazing we are! Go 'head, Antoinette. Blessings to you, my beloved.

DebC said...

jblu74...Hey, how've you been?

"Again, I am honored to be counted as a member of this ancient and most blessed sisterhood that affirms life, honors humanity and demonstrates to the world, just how amazing we are!"

I second that emotion and that is EXACTLY how I feel!! Too often we forget, or don't acknowledge just how awesomely, caring, loving and strong were the shoulders on which we stand (too busy trying to fit in, to be like them). That's a huge part of our problem, IMHO.

Good to "see" you again! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...